SanoSkin® Melloxy® is a brand new patented formula that combines Bulgarian mountain flower medical-grade honey and ozonated vegetable olive oil. The Melloxy® formula has proven antibacterial action and is reported to be painless on application. The 40% honey in Melloxy® has unique characteristics for wound healing. The effective killing of bacteria and fungi is safeguarded by the presence of antibacterial ozonated oil (11%). The Melloxy® is pH4 and has a peroxide value of 40 (10 times more than average peroxide generating honey). A thinly applied layer on regular gauze, tulle or foam is all that is required. The ointment will not adhere to the wound and will dilute gradually. SanoSkin® Melloxy® is a primary wound dressing that can be covered by most commonly used secondary dressings.
Indications for use: Superficial wounds, abrasions, infected wounds, burns, pressure ulcers, leg ulcers, diabetic foot ulcers, sloughy wounds, necrotic wounds, malodorous wounds, surgical wounds, donor and recipient graft sites. It can also be used as a skin barrier to avoid maceration and as a hydrating agent for dry peri-wound skin.
Contraindications: Patients who are known to be sensitive to the ointment or one of its components.
- Precautions and observations
- The product contains honey, PEG 4000, Polyethylene glycol and ozonated olive oil.
- If necessary consult a healthcare professional for the appropriate medical treatment.
- Inspect and clean the wound with a SanoSkin® Cleanser.
- Bacterial colonization of chronic wounds is always present and is not a contraindication for using Melloxy®.
- Due to the autolytic debridement, the wound may appear deeper after the first dressing changes.
- Melloxy® is for single patient use only.
- Do not use if package is damaged or opened.